International Standards Organization (ISO) is an independent association that sets the standards for businesses in terms of safety, quality, and efficiency of products. An ISO registration enhances the reputation of your product or service. There are various types of ISO certification like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 5001, etc.
Here is the list of certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 22000:2005
- ISO 50001:2011
- ISO 28000:2007
- IATF 16949:2016
The requirement for an ISO Certification for a Company – Benefits
The primary reason a company needs an ISO certification is that it is compulsory by law. Secondary reasons to conform to the standards are equally vital:
- It gives an organization a platform that is recognized by decision-makers and game-changers.
- Identification of regular issues and resolving them saves valuable time and financial support.
- Processes become well-organized which improves the system.
- They give a corporation a competitive edge needed during contract tenders
- Same funds lead to more value and worth.
- Perception the customers hold on business increases tenfold and consequently, satisfaction rises.
Advantages of ISO Certification
It is a mark of assurance that every item produced or sold by the business fulfills the standards set at a global level. It ensures that the company offers only top-notch quality products or services.
Furthermore, a certification gives the customer dependence that the service or product is in agreement with superior quality standards. The ISO mark puts a product a step above others in the eye of the consumer which increases the sales. Nowadays management tenders and proposals accept tenders of businesses that are ISO certified.
- Since ISO certifications meet international standards, they help firms to reach global customers.
- Each ISO standard was created so that consumers are served better and when certification is got, the satisfaction of the consumer increases and repeat purchases take place.
- A damaged product is accordingly rejected; when the values set at an international level are adhered to, these rejections rarely occur.
- The efficiency of business increases because the SOPs of ISO demand seamless operations.
- The mark of an ISO 9001 Certification is automatic marketing and branding of a product because it doubles the credibility of a company.
Fundamentals to get ISO 9001 Certification for your company
Before receiving an ISO Certification the following aspects have to be considered:
The first thing is to get the correct ISO 9001 certification that benefits a business.
The second step is to find the finest ISO registrar who is certified by ISO and follows the CASCO standards to the T. IAF stands for International accreditation forum and the ISO body can be an IAF expert and non-IAF expert.
We do the essential groundwork and help find the perfect ISO registrar and the exact certification a firm needs.
Online ISO 9001 Certification & Registration Process in India
COMPLETE ISO FORM:- Online ISO application has to be filled with the right information and the corresponding documents, some of the data would be details on the nature of the business and company address.
CONSULTATION ON REGISTRATION TYPE:- As ISO has a lot of types of certifications and hence it is recommended to consult an expert to select the best official standard that fits.
DOCUMENT SUBMISSION:- Every certificate that is submitted along with the application is confirmed and the information is double-checked and once the submission is confirmed, online expense needs to be done through one of the various payment modes available.
ISO AUDIT:- Depending on the documents submitted, an ISO audit for the business is conducted wherein the authenticity of the documents is checked. The authority then makes a choice based on the defined procedures.
ISO CERTIFICATION:- Once your audit is successful, a certificate is issued to your company. It is couriered to the business address. ISO 9001 certification renewal has to be done once a year and for the renewal, the authorities conduct a surveillance audit to ensure adherence to all the standards.
Documents required for ISO Registration Process
- Proof of Business:- Certificate of Incorporation/GST Certificate/MSME Certificate
- Visiting card or letterhead of the business.
- Sale Invoice or Purchase Invoice
This is a limited list of records that are required for the process; there are many other compulsory and optional documents that need to be submitted. The list differs with each type of certification. Finance bazaar provides a comprehensive guide of documents during consulting.
The latest version of ISO is 9001:2015. There are eight primary fundamentals of the business it deals with:
- Customer focus
- Process approach
- Involvement of people
- Continual improvement
- System approach to management
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
The ISO 14000 certification, on the other hand, deals with the environment such as the one used by waste management firms. A few other ISO certifications are:
- ISO 13485 for medical devices.
- ISO/IEC 90003 for software engineering.
- ISO 17582 for government electoral organizations.
- OHSAS 18001 shows customers that the company has effective health and safety management system.
- ISO 20000 demonstrates excellence and prove best practice in IT & improvement in the delivery of IT services.
- ISO 27001 describes a best practice of a company that is involved in the information security management system (ISMS).
- ISO 18091 for local governments.
- ISO 29001 for the gas and oil industry.
- ISO 22000 proves a company has operative food safety management.
- CE Marking on any product shows that it complies with the necessary requirements of the applicable European health, safety, and environmental protection benchmark.
- ISO 50001 describes best energy organization practices that help save energy, conserve resources and tackle climate change.
Selecting between the various classifications of ISO can be confusing but the Finance Bazaar ISO consultation team helps you pick the right certification.